Hello there! My name is Matthew C. Anderson, but you may also know me just as “Matt”, or one of my many nicknames. Regardless of that–welcome!
I currently live in Wayzata, MN, with my wife Jess, daughter Emelia, and dog Stormie. I’m not much for most social media (such as Facebook, it’s just not that appealing to me), but I do like to write blogs, tweet, and post pictures on Instagram.
For work, I’m a presales Solution Architect at Hitachi Solutions. My role gives me the chance to listen to our prospect/client challenges, then have a discussion around the people, process, and technology. I enjoy delivering presentations and stepping up to the whiteboard to work things out. I get to travel, but usually just a day or two at a time, so things stay manageable and I’m otherwise able to work from home. I regularly blog (professional blog links) and keep involved with industry user groups and events.
When I’m not working or spending quality time with the family, I have a bunch of hobbies:
- I play bass guitar in a classic rock cover band, Bourbon Renewal
- I love public speaking and regularly attend a Toastmasters club, Tonka Talkers, to keep my skills sharp
- I play lots of board and tabletop games, and even host a couple of board game podcasts with Jess, The Gateway Game Shelf, The Game Shelf Campaigns
- I capture a personal journal entry daily (and have for over a decade)
- I’m a University of Minnesota alum/huge Gopher fan, and have been a football season ticket holder for 15 years, but also enjoy volleyball, hockey, and basketball games
- I like to stay tidy and unencumbered with extra “stuff”
I have elaborated in a bit more detail on some of these if you’re interested. The diversity of my interests come from my desire to try new things regularly. When I do, I try to bring enthusiasm and an open mind–and I think that’s part of why I’ve found so many things that I love to do.